Day 01: Pakse - Champassak - Wat Phou (L,D)
Depart from Pakse for Champasak, on a journey of two hours by a local long tail boat (with other cruise passengers) to meet the boat and check-in. After lunch on board, transfer to Wat Phou Temple for a visit to the site before returning to the boat as the sun sets. Dinner and overnight on board.
Day 02: Houay Tomo - Oum Muang - Khong Island (B,L,D)
After breakfast sail to the island of Don Daeng and the village of Huei Thamo (Oum Moung). A shore excursion allows exploration of the nearby ruins hidden in the forest. Return to the boat and sail south into the area known as the 4,000 Islands. This afternoon visit the traditional Lao village of Ban Dua Tae. Dinner and overnight on board.
Day 03: Khong Island - Khone Phapheng - Pakse (B,L)
After breakfast, sail to Ban Veuthong on Khong Island. On arrival transfer by long-tail boat to visit Khon Island. Enjoy lunch at local restaurant before departing for Phapheng Falls and returning to Pakse by road (with other cruise passengers).
Our Services Include:
- Hotel accommodation in shared twin/double cabin with daily breakfast.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner).
- Tours and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicles.
- English speaking local guide (for other languages supplements apply)
- All entrance fees as indicated in itinerary.
Our Services do not Include:
- International and domestic flights (quoted separately).
- Meals other than mentioned above.
- Camera/video entrance fees.
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance, tips, visa
- Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above.
In High Season
- Cruise departure every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday cruise downstream
In Low Season
- Cruise departure every Saturday cruise downstream
This is a downstream cruise. Upstream cruise visits in reverse order.
Special offer: Rates vary frequently. Please contact us to get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
Creating Unique Touring Experiences
All the touring itineraries on this website have been carefully crafted by our in-country management teams and represent a series of experiences we can certainly recommend. However, we understand that every travel experience should be as unique and individual as each traveler. Our consultants are waiting to hear from you so that we can tailor or custom design a Laos tour to your individual specifications.